The purpose of the Associated Student Body (ASB) is to provide for student participation in school government, to learn the process of decision making, and to promote the general welfare of the school.
The ASB has the responsibility for planning many of the student activities throughout the school year.
All students at Villanova are members of the ASB and vote and participate in the election process. In order to participate and vote students need to be present at school. Elections are held in the spring for officers who will serve in the next school year. Election of officers of the ASB is restricted to the junior, sophomore and freshman classes.
The Student Council shall consist of:
1. The ASB President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Commisioner of Public Relations and Commissioner of Athletics.
2. A President, Vice-President, and Secretary-Treasurer from each of the classes
3. Representatives of all campus organization / clubs
4. Two resident representatives who will be elected by the resident students
5. Two students appointed at large by the Student Council